Monday, November 4, 2013

A picture of my home town circa 1900. Sometimes it good to remember your roots an what you grew up with. Of course I didn't roam these streets until the 1950's but at that time the late 50's the trolly was gone it disappeared in the early 1950's an of course more car traffic. Mom said she took me once on the trolly but I don't remember it. I do remember walking down to the A&P grocery store an Mom getting a yellow cab to haul us and the food back home. I can remember buying 22 shells I think shorts were like $0.59 a box of 50 rds. I was 14 years old but that was life back than. I had a shooting club and a reloading club in high school and people didn't worry about some kid killing anyone back than and I'm talking late 1960's for high school. They as in the US govt had no problem drafting me an sending me with a gun to Vietnam when I was 18 years old either. Maybe that was what was different back than the draft. I doubt it but freedom just isn't spelled the same nowadays as when I was younger. That is what is wrong with the 21st Century so far, they just don't spell freedom the same.   

No comments:

Post a Comment