Sunday, December 8, 2013

VHT epoxy paint for bullet lube

here is how I applied it

1. spray just a little bit in the mixing tube. I just sprayed it until I saw a tiny pool of paint.
2. put in 200 9mm 124gr tc boolits, and do the hippy hippy shakes until they start to stick.
3. put them on the screen and let them dry, drying times may vary but in my 120 degree garage it took about 10 minutes.
4. oven bake on 300 for 10 minutes.
5. repeat
6. repeat          Found this on cast bullet forum an it sounds like a inexpensive coating for bullet          lube to prevent leading . It is about $9 on Amazon have not tried it myself but I think it is worth checking out for reloading. You want to do this outside for safety, heat in a second hand store cheap toaster oven that you check for the 300 degree. I think a dream whip container to mix the epoxy an bullets should  work.                                                                     

1 comment:

  1. Save a lot of time and skip the shake and baking, just spray it on the bullets and bake.

    ReplyDelete