Sunday, March 9, 2014

RVing an what to do for the right RV at my age

This is our 25' Nomad we picked up a little over a year ago for a pretty good price. It is roomy even without a slideout can sleep 6 in a pinch and even has a heater and  AC. It has one problem and that is that it is big. It is not something I want to tow very far. For the local lakes an Arizona camping spots no big problem. It just not something I want to drag to Kali or even other close states,so what to do? I would really like to have a camper they are easy to maintain easy to drive around and I have owned several  in the past. My other choices would be a shorter trailer or maybe a used C class. Since I own a Toyota Tundra truck with a 5' 6" bed my weight an length are limited an nice campers for short beds cost big $$. A 16' trailer is going to be a lot lighter an easier to travel with, no problem on towing I'm good for up to 10K pounds for towing. The price range is a lot more to work with both new an used so the minor problem is parking it. I need to practice backing into spots. Now for the class C RV this is basically a truck with a camper mounted on the frame and it doesn't come off. Kind of like the Class A RV that is like a bus but a truck cab is apparent on the class C. Sometimes you can get a little older well maintained Class C for a good price only problem with Class C is that unless you tow a small car you have to drive the Class C everywhere so why not just get a trailer to begin with? I'm hoping to do a little traveling when my wife retires, and hoping I can stay healthy enough to do it. I'm already handicapped an tire out pretty easy so this gives me something to chew on till we decide which RV to go with.    

No comments:

Post a Comment