Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sherlock

                 Finally got to watch the "Empty Hearse" season 3 ep1 of Sherlock the 21st Century BBC version of Sherlock Holmes. ? Not sure I enjoyed it or not, I will not go into a sycophant short of the show. That has been done on Amazon an just Google the reviews and get your fill. The characters of Sir Author Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes stories are the stuff of legends. They need no introduction. My favorite up till a couple of years ago were the Universal/Fox versions done with Basil Rathbone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes_%281939_film_series%29  These shows were my favorites for many decades until the new BBC Sherlock series started a few years back. Now we have the start of season 3 and has the BBC http://www.examiner.com/review/bbc-home-entertainment-solves-sherlock-s-death-sherlock-season-3 started off with a bang or a whimper. I'm not sure yet an will have to watch it again. The display of making the "way" Sherlock survived his death a major portion of  "The Empty Hearse" was to me a disappointment . I didn't care for all the flash and glitter used for what? I guess it was really a case of poor or maybe mediocre Direction of the show that I did not find amusing. Yes I want my Sherlock to be human  but not at the expense of entertainment. I enjoyed Rathbone's Sherlock because he was not superman an yet his deductive reasoning was vastly superior to normal men. Cumberbatch's Sherlock was a breath of fresh air he arrived intact to the 21st Century an yet seemed on top of his game by being aloof an smart. Now he seems too smart an sometimes the aloof comes off as being too distant. Maybe I'm being to harsh and I will purchase the series from Amazon soon as Season 3 is available an watch again the childhood hero I have enjoyed for most of my life. Lets hope that a return of the magic in seasons 1&2 is present because I really loved those characters an do not need so much a wink an a smile from them. I know they are not real an don't feel a need for them to display it.   My 2 cents

No comments:

Post a Comment